Start your day with a healthy breakfast with a multiplicity of easy and tasty options. Though some people skip breakfast because of their busy schedule, but this is one meal that should be heavy to kickstart your day so make it very special. Here are a few delicious recipes to make your breakfast a distinctive meal you would love to enjoy and relish.
- Whole Grain Pancakes: Make pancakes with flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder by whisking them with eggs, buttermilk and sugar and cook them over medium heat. Once the pancakes are golden brown top them up with unsweetened mixed berries, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Skillet Sausage and Potato Hash: Arrange potato wedges on a baking sheet with a spray of olive oil and bake till golden brown. In a skillet add chicken sausage for a couple of minutes. Cook bell peppers, onions, parsley or cilantro till tender. Once done mix together potato wedges, chicken sausage and vegetables and cook for about 2-3 minutes. This dish can be paired with scrambled or poached eggs.
- Instant Oatmeal:Heat oats, vanilla extracts and cinnamon with about two cups of buttermilk to make it of the desired consistency. Top the oats with toasted nuts or seeds, dried fruits or fresh fruits like apple, banana, strawberries or blueberries or even honey or maple syrup or sweetened yogurt.
- Baked Eggs with Tomato and Feta: Prepare the tomato sauce with garlic, basil, oregano and tomatoes in a pan. Add diced bread evenly in the pan and gently crack eggs over the bread topping it with feta. Bake the whole dish for 5 minutes and serve.
5. Raspberry Oatmeal Cake: Bake a cake made with flour, oats, sugar, eggs, milk, yogurt and baking powder. After the cake batter has been mixed, fold in raspberries and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. The cake is ready to be served.
6. Almond Croissants: Make syrup with sugar and rum and the almond filling with ground almonds, butter and eggs. Dip croissants in the sugar syrup and slice them to fill with the almond filling. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake till golden brown.
7. Cheese Omelette: Heat olive oil in a pan, beat 4 eggs and pour in the oil. Make a filling of onions, tomatoes, coriander, green chilli and lots of cheese. Top it up with grated cheese and oregano.
8. Waffles made of Whole Wheat: Prepare a smooth batter with flour, sugar, egg yolks, milk and shortening. Beat egg whites and fold into the already beaten batter and bake in a hot waffle iron. Serve topped with strawberries and blueberries.
9. Mashed Potato Pancakes: Whisk together a mixture of mashed potatoes, egg, flour and onions with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and dollop the batter over the heated skillet and flatten the dollop to make pancakes and fry till they are golden brown on both sides.
10. American French Toast: Beat eggs with a little milk, cinnamon and nutmeg, salt and pepper. Take slices of bread whether plain or brown, dip in the mixture and fry till golden brown. Serve with a topping of peanut butter and cheese.